Tuesday, 25 April 2017

How to rescue: Peaches & Cream

Folks, we have a dilemma. Peaches & Cream is 1 week steeped, and the taste test can best be described as a medieval torture session combined with the sensation of swallowing a hive of extremely pissed-off bees.

As a background, the original recipe was:
  • Peach (TPA) - 10%
  • Sweet Cream (TPA) - 5%
  • Vanilla B-IC (TPA) - 5%
This was mixed in 70vg / 30pg with 3.5mg nic.

As you can see, the total flavour percentage is pretty high. However, the problem is not that the peach is overbearing, it's that it's HARSH. I know there are alternative peach flavours out there with a sweeter note, but I want to see if I can make TPA's one a little more vapeable.

I'm toying around with adding Cream Fresh (FA) at 2%, and the Smooth (TPA) additive at 0.5%. This will bump the total flavours up to 22.5% which is already pretty extreme, but it's a risk I'm willing to take for a v2. I'm a bit apprehensive about adding TPA Smooth, as it can really kill a mix.. but at 0.5% it equates to roughly 1 drop per 5ml. (I hate the concept of measuring drops as it's the least accurate way imaginable of measuring anything, but just for context.. that's roundabout what you're looking at).

So version 2 will be mixed soon. It'll have to wait a bit, though - I have a full mixing schedule for the next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment